AudioUnits compilation tips

Home Forums OWL OwlSim AudioUnits compilation tips

Tagged: 

This topic contains 39 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Klang 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

tom
    Keymaster

You shouldn’t need any more of the CA files other than the ones listed. Try downloading Juce and copying the setup in the Juce Demo Plugin example project.

amitio
    Participant

I have now created the project from the .jucer and added the files from the demo plugin. I get an error saying ‘CAXException.h’ not found, from the ComponentBase.h file. any ideas of what the issue is?

tom
    Keymaster

Ok – simplified now. Scrap the old OWLSim project and clone latest version from github, then:

open introjucer file

In Config, enable Build AudioUnit

Under XCode(MacOSX) add extra frameworks – AudioUnit, CoreAudio, CoreAudioKit

Save project and open in Xcode

amitio
    Participant

The files in the juce AU wrapper folder appear red. Do I need to re add them or have I done a previous step incorrectly. Thanks for the swift replies 🙂

tom
    Keymaster

If they are appearing red, re-add them in the introjucer

madwort
    Participant

Ok, installed the Introjucer, changed the flag in there to compile AudioUnit, Save and Open in XCode, compiles cleanly straight off the bat! Game on!

madwort
    Participant

amitio – when I just did it, introjucer adds the Juce AU Wrapper folder to point to files at eg. “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Extras/CoreAudio/AudioUnits/AUPublic/AUBase/AUBase.cpp”. You may have installed these files in /Library/Developer/CoreAudio, in which case try symlinking from “/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Extras/”

tom
    Keymaster

Madwort,

Good news. and feel free to post any patches that you write in the forum – it’s going to be a great place to share ideas about audio coding in C!

amitio
    Participant

Cheers for tips. I had create the symlink incorrectly. Once that was fixed it compiled with no issues.

I am having trouble trying to run the plugin however. I’m taking the component file and putting it in the /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Component folder but the plugin isn’t getting recognized.

tom
    Keymaster

Is your host (what software are you using?) definitely looking in there for AU plugins?

amitio
    Participant

I’m using garageband and all other plug ins the folder are available. Could the problem be that garageband only allows for stereo tracks and the plugin is mono?

tom
    Keymaster

I don’t use it, but I’m fairly certain that Garageband does support mono tracks and plugins. Can you test it in Reaper or other DAW?

madwort
    Participant

I had similar issues. AU lab just refused to recognise it, however when I booted up Logic it told me that the plugin had failed verification and disabled it. With Logic it’s possible to override that and use it anyway (and it worked ok) but maybe you can’t do that with Garageband. I’m out and about but will post the error when possible, something about MIDI input…

madwort
    Participant

P.s. I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t about being mono…

amitio
    Participant

Just tried it in reaper and it works fine in that.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News

Links

Follow us on Twitter