Got my OWL today

Home Forums OWL Got my OWL today

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mikecoyle 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

mikecoyle
    Participant

I’m having the same problem with pure data delay patches. Turning remote control off doesn’t fix the problem.

Any suggestions on a way to smooth the ADC? I tried a low-pass filter, but it didn’t do anything.

Martin Klang
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

so turning Remote Control ‘on’ doesn’t change anything? Then it is unlikely to be ADC noise. Have you got a link to the patch?

mikecoyle
    Participant

Patch is here: https://hoxtonowl.com/patch-library/patch/BasicDelay

CloudDelay, also written in PureData, has the same problem for me.

manwithfeathers
    Participant

Hi Mike – have you tried other patches in the library, and does the patch glitch on your laptop?

It could be that you need some smoothing with [line~] between the input and the [delread~].

Hope I’ve understood the problem, sorry if not!

Adam

mikecoyle
    Participant

Ya, almost every patch works! It’s just the delay patches that are written in Pure Data that have the issue. Delay patches written in other languages work fine.

It works fine on the online simulation of the patch. And I can hear that the dry signal is coming through clean, so it must be something to do with how pure data stores into the OWL’s memory?

Not sure how I would go about using [line~]? It’s for volume ramps, no?

mikecoyle
    Participant

Solved it!! Need to use the vd~ function with line~, instead of delread~

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News

Links

Follow us on Twitter