Multiband Distortion patch

Home Forums OWL Patches Multiband Distortion patch

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  giom 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chrissie
    Participant

Hi,

I’m still not up to speed on DSP programming so I’m easing myself in by porting a few of the open source mda VSTs to Owl. Here’s my first attempt and one I particularly like, it’s the mdaBandisto multiband distortion.

I’ve tuned the crossover frequencies so they work well for my violins so they might need tweaking for guitar/bass and I’ve left hard-coded a few things because I ran out of knobs. But it works well on the pedal and I’ll be taking it to our next band practice 🙂

Chrissie

http://chrissie.fedorapeople.org/owl/MdaBandistoPatch.cpp

giom
    Keymaster

awesome, thanks for contributing Chrissie!
    Will try your patch soon 🙂

Giom

Martin Klang
    Keymaster

Sweet – looks like there’s some good stuff in the MDA collection.

This is what I suggested to blondinou for submitting patches using github pull-requests:

“fork the OwlPatches repository on github, create a branch, add and commit your file, then send a pull request to merge it with the master branch…

It’s a hassle if you’re not used to it, but it sets you up to submit more changes and patches in the future. If not, I’ll happily just add the file in, if you like.”

Either way is fine with me!

(note to self: we should have a wiki page describing this process in more detail)

chrissie
    Participant

Good idea. I have a github account for work, I can use that!

chrissie
    Participant

pull request sent !

giom
    Keymaster

Sounds good here on a guitar!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News

Links

Follow us on Twitter