Owl Pedal – Possible to set delay length in ms?

Home Forums OWL Owl Pedal – Possible to set delay length in ms?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin Klang 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mikefonte
    Participant

I’m trying to build a simple looper, using a delay. I’d like to be able to set the delay time to a BPM (or milliseconds, or samples) on stage. So far, I’ve only made a crude version in PD, that uses a list for different loop lengths. Unfortunately, it won’t be precise enough to use on stage. Are there any other approaches? Any advice is appreciated!

JoseFuzzNo
    Participant

What about using [metro] banging a [tabread~]?

JoseFuzzNo
    Participant

Sorry I mixed concepts. Forget what I said.

You can use a [phasor~] multiplied by the length of the loop. Then you can drive the [tabread~] with that signal.

mikefonte
    Participant

Thanks JoseFuzzNo. I think I would still have the problem of not being able to change the loop length to a precise number, while on stage. For instance, a song at 120BPM would be 2000 milliseconds (or 44100 samples). Another song would have a different number. How would I get that number into the Owl Pedal? I wonder if this is even possible without a dedicated midi input?

Martin Klang
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

we’re closing down this forum! Your discussion has moved to: https://community.rebeltech.org/t/owl-pedal-possible-to-set-delay-length-in-ms/828

Martin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Latest News

Links

Follow us on Twitter