Use the C++ online Compiler
You can now compile your own C++ patches with our online compiler, and load them with the latest firmware and OwlControl.
- Login to the OWL website.
- Go to PATCHES/MyPatches (you have to be logged in to see My Patches)
- Add a new Patch
- Enter the Patch details, and upoad your cpp file (or insert a link to file on a github repository).
- After Saving, Build links now appear next to the Patch details. Press Build Sysex, and wait for the online compiler to finish.
- If it fails, click Stderr to see what the errors were. If not, wait for the page to reload and there will have appeared a Download link. Yay!
Run on the OWL
You can then load the resulting .syx file into one of the user slots of the OWL using OwlControl:
- Download the patch syx file to your OwlControl folder and go to OwlControl / Tools / Load patch from file.
- Provided your OWL is connected and all has gone well you can now click Run and your patch will come to life.
(Actually you can send the sysex file with any decent DAW or e.g. Sysex Librarian. To start it, send a MIDI Program Change 0)